Open Caerleon, Forum, Website and Business Directory Rules
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the opencaerleon.co.uk forum (the Forum), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Forum means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The opencaerleon.co.uk Forum is a site operated by Michael Stuart Limited (MSL). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09804164 and we have our registered office at Pencoed Castle, Newport. NP182ED.
The Forum is moderated. Every contribution posted on the Forum (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Forum as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Forum is moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Forum at any time. We reserve the right to promptly remove, edit or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
Use of the Forum by minors
The use of the Forum by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Forum that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Forum should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using the Forum.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Forum, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
Submission of Contributions
Before making a Contribution you must register with the Forum by completing the registration form. Your name will appear as part of your Contribution when published. As a Forum user, your Contributions can include new topics, comments and uploaded content.
There is no word limit to the length of a Contribution.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. MSL will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from anyone else apart from you.
- Advocate, promote, and incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Forum, you agree to grant MSL a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, MSL will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. MSL may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectually property right of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant MSL the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to MSL, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forum.
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Forum, Business Directory, Publishing, and Social Media rules.
- Keep your comments relevant to the discussion topic.
- Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
- Do not condone illegal activity or incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Do not submit comments that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings (contempt of court) or break a court injunction.
- Do not submit comments containing someone else’s copyright material.
- Do not swear or use language that could offend other forum participants.
- Do not otherwise submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.
- Do not impersonate other forum members or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Do not submit comments or choose user names that contain personal information that would identify yourself or others. For example last names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details either relating to yourself or other individuals.
- Do not post comments in languages other than English
- Do not advertise or promote products or services.
- Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once. Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments. Keep the number of comments you submit on a topic at a reasonable level. Multiple comments from the same individual, or a small number of individuals, may discourage others from contributing.
- Do not use an inappropriate user name (vulgar, offensive etc.).
- If you are under the age of 12 please get your parent/guardian’s permission before participating in this forum. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
Changes to these Rules
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Thank you for visiting our site.